Healthy Kids Press Contact,
Ashley Carr, Chief Marketing Officer,
(850) 701-6160, [email protected].
September 1, 2015
Below is the text of a letter sent to families by the Florida Healthy Kids Corporation today:
The FFM Special Enrollment Period Is Now Open
Dear Full-Pay Family:
We recently let you know that if you would like to compare coverage options and enroll in a children’s health insurance plan available through the Federally Facilitated Marketplace (FFM), instead of staying with Florida Healthy Kids, you could apply during a special enrollment period.
The FFM special enrollment period is now open. If you would like to apply for coverage through the FFM, you will have from September 1, 2015 through November 30, 2015.
Important information to keep in mind while applying through the FFM:
- You may enroll in coverage on the FFM by either completing an application at www.HealthCare.gov or by calling the FFM Call Center at 1-800-318-2596 (TTY: 1-855-889-4325). Call Center representatives are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- When asked by the FFM if you are losing coverage, be sure to indicate that September 30, 2015 is the last day of your Healthy Kids coverage.
- To avoid a gap in coverage, you must enroll ON or BEFORE September 30, 2015 for your FFM coverage to start on October 1, 2015.
- If you enroll in coverage AFTER September 30, your coverage will not be effective until either November 1 or December 1.
|FFM Plan Selection Date
||FFM Coverage Effective Date
|September 1 - September 30||October 1|
|October 1 – October 31||November 1|
|November 1 – November 30||December 1|
If you apply for coverage online:
- Create or log into your existing account at www.HealthCare.gov.
- If you are creating a new application, click on the green button to get started.
- If you are adding someone to an existing application, click on “report a life change” on the left side of the page.
- Enter or update your information so that all people are included who are applying for coverage.
- Parents who are only enrolling their children in FFM coverage and are interested in seeing if they are eligible for help paying for coverage, should be sure to include themselves and other members of their tax household on the application as non-applicants (e.g., include other individuals claimed as tax dependents).
- When asked: “Did any of these people recently lose health coverage?” OR “Are any of these people losing health coverage in the next 60 days?” select the applicable people and enter the coverage loss date (September 30, 2015).
- Upon completing your application, you will be able to view your eligibility results. If you are determined eligible for coverage on the FFM, you will be able to continue to your “Enroll To-Do List” to select and enroll in a plan.
Not ready to enroll? You may want to “shop” and compare plan prices and plan benefits by visiting https://www.healthcare.gov/see-plans/.
If you have questions about Florida Healthy Kids full-pay program, please call 1-888-540-KIDS (5437) or visit https://www.healthykids.org/news/announcement/fullpay.php for the most current information.
Florida Healthy Kids