The Corporation is governed by a Board of Directors representing each Florida KidCare component, including the Florida Department of Financial Services, the Department of Children and Families, the Agency for Health Care Administration, the Florida Department of Health, the Florida Department of Education, physicians, a dentist, and other experts on children’s health policy and medical care.
The Board of Directors is chaired by Florida’s Chief Financial Officer. The CFO appoints five of the Board’s members. The remaining board members are appointed by the governor.
- Scott Fennell: Interim Chair
- Peter Claussen, D.D.S.: Florida Dental Association, Vice-Chair
- Philip Boyce: Florida Hospital Association, Secretary/Treasurer
- Jose Armas, M.D.,: Child Health Policy Expert Representative
- Vacant: Department of Children and Families
- Amra Resic, M.D., FAAFP: Family Medicine
- Beth Kidder: Deputy Secretary for Medicaid, Agency for Health Care Administration
- Chip LaMarca: County Commissioner, Broward County
- Jeffrey Brosco, MD, PhD:Designee, Florida Department of Health
- Mansooreh Salari, M.D.: Children’s Medical Services, Department of Health
- Tommy Schechtman, M.D.: Florida Pediatric Society
- Justin Senior: Secretary, Agency for Health Care Administration
- Penny Taylor: Designee, Department of Education
Ad Hoc Members
- Tami Cullens
- Steve Freedman, Ph.D.
- Paul Whitfield
- Rebecca Matthews, Chief Executive Officer
Office contact information:
661 E. Jefferson St.
Tallahassee, FL 32301