Unlike the other Florida KidCare partners, Florida Healthy Kids Corporation is not a state agency. Rather, the Corporation is governed by a Board of Directors representing each Florida KidCare component, including the Florida Department of Financial Services, the Department of Children and Families, the Agency for Health Care Administration, the Florida Department of Health, the Florida Department of Education, physicians, a dentist, and other experts on children’s health policy and medical care.
The Board of Directors is chaired by Florida’s Chief Financial Officer. The CFO appoints five of the Board’s members. The remaining board members are appointed by the governor.
- Wendy Link, Chairperson: Chair
- Peter Claussen, D.D.S.: Florida Dental Association, Vice-Chair
- Philip Boyce: Florida Hospital Association, Secretary/Treasurer
- Jose Armas, M.D.,: Child Health Policy Expert
- Elizabeth Dudek: Secretary, Agency for Health Care Administration
- George Hutter, M.D.: Florida Academy of Family Physicians Representative
- Beth Kidder: Medicaid Expert, Agency for Health Care Administration
- Jennifer Lange: Department of Children and Families
- Sandra Murman: County Commissioner, Florida Association of Counties Representative
- Celeste Philip, M.D.: Florida Department of Health
- Tommy Schechtman, M.D.: Florida Pediatric Society
- Penny Taylor: Department of Education
- Mansooreh Salari, M.D.: Children’s Medical Services, Department of Health
Ad Hoc Members
- Tami Cullens
- Steve Freedman, Ph.D.
- David Leidel
- Paul Whitfield
- Rebecca Matthews, Chief Executive Officer
Office contact information:
661 E. Jefferson St.
Tallahassee, FL 32301