The Corporation is governed by a Board of Directors representing each Florida KidCare component, including the Florida Department of Financial Services, the Department of Children and Families, the Agency for Health Care Administration, the Florida Department of Health, the Florida Department of Education, physicians, a dentist, and other experts on children’s health policy and medical care.
The Board of Directors is chaired by Florida’s Chief Financial Officer. The CFO appoints five of the Board’s members. The remaining board members are appointed by the governor.
- Stephanie Haridopolos, M.D.: Board Certified Family Medicine Practitioner, Chair
- Peter Claussen, D.D.S.: Florida Dental Association, Vice Chair
- Philip Boyce: Florida Hospital Association, Secretary/Treasurer
- Jose Armas, M.D.: Child Health Policy Expert Representative
- Jeffrey Brosco, M.D., Ph.D.: Designee, Department of Health
- Dave Eggers, Commissioner: Pinellas County Board of County Commissioners. Designee, Florida Association of Counties
- TBD: Medicaid Program, Agency for Health Care Administration
- Taylor Hatch: Assistant Secretary for Economic Self Sufficiency, Designee, Department of Children and Families
- Mary Mayhew: Secretary, Agency for Health Care Administration
- Amra Resic, M.D.: Florida Academy of Family Physicians Representative
- Mansooreh Salari, M.D.: Children’s Medical Services, Department of Health
- Tommy Schechtman, M.D.: Florida Pediatric Society Representative
- Penny Taylor: Designee, Department of Education
Ad Hoc Members
- Steve Freedman, Ph.D.
- Paul Whitfield
- Jeff Dykes, Interim Chief Executive Officer
Office contact information:
1203 Governors Square Blvd
Tallahassee, Fl. 32301